Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kid Friendly Health In A Glass!

Usually I don't get hungry until after noon and I'll tide myself over with either a Dale's Protein Bar,  a Perfect Food Bar, or,  a Homemade Green Juice. Both bars need to be refrigerated, which is a good indicator that they consist of real live ingredients and not processed garbage, but I digress.

This morning I went for the green juice but felt like I needed a little extra oomph. In the process I discovered something too healthy and delicious not to share. This recipe yielded 32 oz. of green juice from which I used 8 oz each for a berry smoothie for myself and my husband. I may be onto something as the Spring and Summer seasons begin to offer up some delicious berry varieties for me to use.



My Green Juice consisted of the following:

4 Handfuls Earthbound Organic Power Greens
1 Large Cucumber
5 Stalks Celery
2 inch Ginger root Knob
1 small Bunch Mint Leaves
1 Inch Thick Slice Of Fennel
1//2 Lemon
1 Lime
1 Green Apple
1 Green Pear
1 Cup Pineapple

I use an Omega Vert 350 Masticating Juicer which gets me so much more bang for my buck, your mileage may vary.

It was at this point that I felt more like having a smoothie so in to my Vitamix Blender I blended the following:

16 oz Prepared Green Juice
1 Avocado
1 Banana
1 Cup Organic Frozen Mixed Berries (more or less)

Makes 2 glasses

IT WAS DIVINE!!




And the best part for Mom's with picky little (or big) ones? Vegetables can't be tasted OR seen!!
Now I have 16 oz of my yummy greens for later after just having had a mid morning satisfying berry smoothie with no added chemicals. 

Just fruit and vegetables!

Try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment