Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Best Ever Primal Cookie Recipe!



I hadn't planned on baking today but A) It's cold and a little rainy B) I made kale chips which make the house stink.
I knew that I wanted to stay within Primal dietary limits and Organic so I poked around the recipes I have and came up with a real winner after a few tweaks.





Must Love Coconut Primal Cookies

3/4 cup Coconut Flour
3/4 cup Almond Meal/Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 large mashed banana
2 eggs beaten
1 tbsp. Vanilla
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut

~ Mix the first four ingredients in a medium bowl
~ In a seperate bowl mix the remaining ingredients
except the shredded coconut
~ Mix the wet and dry ingredients then fold in the shredded coconut.

Drop by tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet @ 350 for 10-15 minutes

Baking Tips
~ Do not over mix.
~ I'm not to sure on the shredded coconut amount but it seemed about 1/2 cup and the same goes for the spices, spice it to your liking.

DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible for you eating the whole batch nor do I recommend it. If you follow a primal/paleo/ gluten free dietary lifestyle you will love these and you may like them anyway. But remember you are replacing gluten, sugar, grains and flour with organic natural fats and minimal unprocessed sweetness. I wouldn't recommend these if you are not used to these ingredients or are on a processed white carb, sugar diet, which begs the question...Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment