Monday, March 21, 2011

Kale Chips, my go to snack

As I try my best to walk the walk when it comes to exercise AND nutrition I find myself always searching for something that is both healthy and satisfying. Enter the Kale Chips! Easy to make and satisfies a crunchy, salty craving while getting in a pretty significant serving of vegetables. I'd be lying if I said these were for everyone but they work for me and my dog. My daughter is starting to acquire a taste for them as well. I like to have them with a handful of roasted sunflower seeds and I have some in the oven right now!

Kale Chip Recipe

1 Bunch of Kale
Olive Oil
Sea Salt

Wash and destem the kale.
Tear into bite size pieces.
Toss with a tbs. or so of Olive Oil.
Sprinkle with salt.

Bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes or until they are crunchy.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment