Tuesday, February 22, 2011

National Margarita Day (Skinny Recipe)


As we just come out of our Presidents Day weekend it seems as if every other day is a different National "insert random proper noun here" Day.
In the "spirit" of Margarita day and of course my fondness for libations of this nature I will share with you my recipe for a lower in calorie/sugar/things I can't pronouce Margarita. Please note that if you want a truly light version, the photo pictured here is as light as it gets.
Why oh why does margarita day have to fall on a Tuesday!

Gabby's wish it was the weekend Skinny Margarita

2 oz good blanco tequila (I like Patron)
Juice of 1/2 grapefruit
Juice of 1 med. orange
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 oz Simple syrup of either Stevia, Honey or Agave and water...you choose based on your glycemic discretion.
Add ingredients to a shaker with ice, shake and serve.

More than likely I will be saving this for the weekend. Why, I don't generally drink during the week and on the weekends 1 or 2 max., of course there are exceptions but I have had to cut back on workouts this week due to an angry shoulder so I have to pass. Calories in, Calories out.

Salud


No comments:

Post a Comment