Saturday, January 29, 2011

Primal Coconut Pancake Recipe






A Sunday morning favorite breakfast in my house with a side of free range nitrate free bacon.





3/4 cup Coconut Flour (I use"let's do organic")
1/2 cup Almond Meal Flour (I use Bobs Red Mill)
1.5 tsp. Baking Powder
1.5- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice (or cinnamon) I like a lot of spice.
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
6 Organic Free Range Eggs
3/4 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
2 tbs Org. Coconut Oil
2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp. Organic Honey or Agave

Options: Mashed banana, Berries, Nuts

Mix wet (except Coconut oil) and dry ingredients separately then add the dry to the wet. Add Coconut Oil to batter just before cooking so it does not solidify.Let batter sit for about a minute. Add butter or coconut oil to hot griddle. Smaller pancakes are easier to flip so I use my 1/4 cup to measure out each pancake. Try to only flip once or twice so they do not fall apart.

Optional Syrup: I mix organic maple syrup /agave nectar with frozen (heated so they give juice) organic berries and sliced banana. (adding carbs here so tread lightly if you must). My family loves this and if you really want to go crazy and are dairy friendly top with a dollop of heavy whipping cream.

*You may want to play with the ratios a bit to suit your taste. These are not thin, they are hearty and fill me up for most of the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment