Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 years ago today and what Jeremiah 29:11 means to me.


Today my heart is heavy as it is every year on this day. I have a great life and Love surrounds me everywhere, blessed and fortunate am I. 12 years ago today I lost my first husband Michael, Kendall's father, to Cancer. He was 37 years old and Kendall just 4. We got through the 18 month battle as a family and our Love grew stronger. He was the bravest man I have ever known and I watched him change and begin to appreciate the time he had with us. Unless you have lost a spouse or life partner what I am about to say may seem strange but those last weeks were a blessing for me to be able to walk him to the end, we both barely spoke at all, didn't need to. He passed at home and before he left us his closest friend Daniel flew down to read scripture, pray and just be with him alone. It was during this time Mike asked Daniel to leave several Bible verses for Kendall and I to always go to and to help guide us when he was gone.
Here I am 12 years later, Kendall is a Junior in a high school that she loves and gearing up for the college search. I remarried 8 years ago to My Bill who is a gift from God and we all swear that Mike had something to with us finding one another! I am on the cusp of opening my business doing something that I love to do and It wouldn't have happened, I would not have had the courage had it not been for the lessons learned along the way, my faith and the words Michael gave to me. I don't take my life for granted ever, each day is a gift, each and every day. Even the bad days.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment